The Mailman Suite¶
Mailman Core 3.3.4 was released on Mar 21, 2021. The latest released version for Mailman Core can be found on PyPI. The Mailman Suite consists of 5 individual projects. Below are links to documentation for each of the projects.
- Mailman Core - the mailing list manager core (required)
- Postorius - the adminstrative web user interface
- MailmanClient - the official REST API Python bindings
- HyperKitty - the web archiver
- HyperKitty Mailman plugin - archiver plugin for Core
There are inconsistencies throughout this documantation in examples which invoke the Django management commands. The actual invocation depends on how Django and Mailman 3 are installed. It may be
- mailman-web …
- python manage.py …
- django-admin …
or something else. When reading these docs, you may need to translate one of the above into what works in your installation.
The Pre-Installation Guide¶
What do I need to know before trying to install Mailman3?
Upgrading Mailman 3¶
Upgrading Mailman Suite 3.x to a new release.
Migrating to Mailman 3 from Mailman 2.1¶
Migrating from Mailman 2.1 to Mailman 3.x
Configuring Mailman 3¶
Mailman 3 can be configured in a wide variety of ways. After you have installed Mailman 3, you can now proceed to configure it for production use.
- Configuring Mailman Core
- Configure Web Frontend
The User Guide¶
Documentation for Mailman 3 List Owners and Site Administrators is not yet complete.
The Contributor Guide¶
- The Contributor Guide
- Getting prerequisites
- Gitlab Setup
- Set up a directory
- Set up virtual environments
- Set up and run Mailman Core
- Testing Mailman Core
- Set up Mailman Client
- Set up Django-mailman3
- Set up and run Postorius
- Set up a Fake mail server
- Set up and run HyperKitty
- Set up mailman-hyperkitty
- Link Mailman to HyperKitty
- Run the Mailman Suite (combined hyperkitty+postorius)
- Contributing to Mailman Documentation