NEWS for mailmanclient¶
- Add two new
get_requests_count()to get pending subscription requests``MailingList.get_requests`` is the new API to fetch pending requests and supersedes the previous
requestsproperty. (See !121)
Member.subscription_modeto determine if a User is subscribed or an Address. (See !121)
- Add a new
get_held_count()API to get a count of held messages for a
MailingList. (See !122)
display_nameto the pending subscription requests. (Fixes #55)
- Allow setting a
addressattribute. (See !128)
- Add support for inviting an email address to join a list.
- Rewrite urls according to the
baseurlused to instantiate
Clientinstead of relying on
self_link. (Fixes #22)
get_requestAPI to MailingList to get individual request objects.
send_welcome_messageparameter to MailingList.subscribe() to suppress welcome message. (Closes #61)
- Held message moderation now supports an optional keyword,
reasonto specify the reason to reject the message. (Closes #49)
- Fix a bug where missing
MalingList.subscribewould subscribe the user with a display name of “None”. (Fixes #52)
MailingListobject. (See !115)
roster/nonmembersresource instead of the
find/API for consistency.
MailingList.get_nonmemberto get a non-member by address. (Fixes #47)
- Add a
find_liststo support filtering the response by a list domain.
- URL encode values in URL which are url unsafe. (Closes #44)
- Add support to mass unsubscribe memebrs from a Mailing List. (Closes #43)
- Add support to set a user’s preferred address. (See !99)
- Add a new
tagattribute to HeaderMatches and support to find a set
- of matches based on tag.
- Add a new
- Add support for Python 3.7
descriptionas a property of
MailingList. Initially, this was a part of
Preferencesobject, which would mean an additional API call to get the description of a Mailing List. (Closes #35)
MailingList.get_membersno longer requires
addressas a mandatory argument which allows searching for all memberships of of a particular role. Also,
roleno longer has a default argument, so that we can search for all memberships of an address.
- Add ‘.pc’ (patch directory) to list of ignored patterns when building the documentation with Sphinx.
- Mailinglist.add_owner and Mailinglist.add_moderator now accept an additional display_name argument that allows associating display names with these memberships.
- Add a new API
Client.find_listswhich allows filtering mailing lists related to a subscriber. It optionally allows a role, which filters the lists that the address is subscribed to with that role.
Backwards Incompatible Changes¶
- MailingList.owners and MailingList.moderators now returns a list of Member objects instead of a list of emails.
- Domain.owners now returns a list of User objects instead of just a dictionary of JSON response. (!63)
- Python 2.7 is no longer supported.
- Python3 compatibility is fixed, mailmanclient is now compatible through Python2.7 - Python3.6
- Internal source code is now split into several class-specific modules as compared to previously a single giant _client module.
- All the RestObjects, like MailingList, are now exposed from the top level import.
- Old mailmanclient._client module is added back for compatibility with versions of Postorius that use some internal APIs.
- Bug fixes.
- Align with Mailman 3.1 Core REST API.
- Python3 compatibility is broken because of a urllib bug.
- Bugfix release.
- Port to Python 3.4.
- Run test suite with tox.
- Use vcrpy for HTTP testing.
- Add list archiver access.
- Add subscription moderation
- Initial release.